2813 SW Westport Plaza Dr, Topeka, KS 66614
instead, follow these rules.
Don't get caught unaware
When you've been charged with a DUI, it's important to stay calm and clearheaded. When you follow these key commandments, you can ensure you get the proper care for your needs.
for your DUI today!
Get dedicated help
1) Do not refuse the breathalyzer test - you could lose your license for refusing a test.
2) Do not refuse the Field Sobriety Test (FST)
3) Do not antagonize the police officer - your passengers could be arrested for your belligerent behavior.
4) Do not have a child in the car - this could lead to a child endangerment charge
5) Do not show a Medical Marijuana ID card - Even if legal, your card could make your charge worse in the eyes of the law.
6) Do not tell the officer about prescriptions - do not offer this information as some drugs can make you drowsy and may affect your driving ability, giving the police a better case against you.
7) Do not forget your license and registration - Always carry these documents in your glove compartment, or you could risk higher fees or more severe charges.
8) Do not hide guns or weapons - always inform officers up front if you possess one in your vehicle, and keep the registration on you.
9) Do not be rude - this will only make your case worse.
10) Do not run and hide - face the charges and consider hiring a lawyer to defend your rights as soon as possible.
A DUI is no joke. When you follow these requirements, you can always make everything easier.
Call today to get a legal consultation!
...with your DUI charges with expert legal assistance from our team.